Missouri has various pests that can wreak havoc on your home and property. While the list of nuisances is long, three pests are the most troublesome: termites, ants, and rodents. At Catch-It Wildlife & Pest Control, Inc., we understand the importance of keeping these pests at bay and have compiled expert tips for preventing and controlling these top three pests in Missouri.
Termites: The Silent Destroyers
Termites are often referred to as "silent destroyers" due to their ability to cause extensive damage to your home without being detected. These wood-eating insects can cause thousands of dollars in damage and are a significant concern for Missouri homeowners.
- Eliminate wood-to-soil contact around your home, providing termites with easy access to food and moisture.
- Keep mulch and woodpiles away from your home's foundation.
- Ensure proper drainage around your home to prevent moisture buildup.
- Regularly inspect your home for signs of termite activity, such as mud tubes, soft or hollow-sounding wood, and discarded wings.
- If you suspect a termite infestation, contact a professional pest control company immediately for a thorough inspection and treatment plan.
- Consider a termite baiting system as a long-term solution to control and monitor termite activity around your home.
Ants: The Unwanted Houseguests
Ants are a common nuisance in Missouri homes, often entering in search of food and water. While some species are harmless, others, such as carpenter ants, can cause structural damage to your home.
- Store food in sealed containers and clean up spills and crumbs promptly.
- Seal cracks and crevices around your home to prevent ants from entering.
- Eliminate sources of standing water, as ants are attracted to moisture.
- Identify the ant species to target their specific habits and preferences.
- Use bait stations with a slow-acting insecticide that will allow the ants to bring the poison back to their colony, eliminating the entire colony.
- Contact a professional pest control company for a customized treatment plan for persistent ant problems.
Rodents: The Unsanitary Pests
Rodents like mice and rats can carry diseases and contaminate your home with their droppings and urine. They can also cause damage to your property by gnawing on wires, insulation, and other materials.
- Seal any openings around your home, allowing rodents to enter, such as gaps around pipes and vents.
- Store food in sealed containers and remove any sources of standing water.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free to eliminate potential nesting sites.
- Use snap traps or live traps to catch rodents in your home.
- Place traps where you have seen rodent activity, such as near droppings or gnaw marks.
- If you have a persistent rodent problem, contact a professional pest control company for a comprehensive plan.
While these tips can help you prevent and control the top three pests in Missouri, it's important to remember that professional help is always the best solution for a lasting and effective pest control strategy. At Catch-It Wildlife & Pest Control, Inc., we specialize in The Top Pests in Missouri and How to Control Them and help you keep your home and property pest-free.
Contact Catch-It Wildlife & Pest Control, Inc., and let our experts care for your pest problems!